Having a mobile data that’s not working issue on your iPhone XS? Read on.
Mobile data or cellular data is one way for your Apple iPhone XS to connect to the Internet aside from Wifi. By default, it’s enabled but for users who have their own Wifi network at home, this feature will surely be disabled. It isn’t the primary option for people who want to browse the internet but there are services that only mobile data can do and among them is picture messaging wherein you will have to attach a file, picture or emoticons to your text messages.
If the mobile data service on your iPhone XS no longer works, it could be just a problem with the settings specifically the APN (Access Point Name) which is a requirement so that your device can connect to your provider’s network. There are also times when this problem is due to a minor glitch in the firmware affecting its networking capabilities. Continue reading as I will share with you some practical ways to fix your iPhone XS with mobile data that no longer works.
Before we move on, if you found this post while trying to find a solution to a different problem, then visit our iPhone XS Help Guides for we have already solved some of the most common issues with this device. There could already be articles on our site that could help you fix the mobile data that’s not working problem with your device.
Going back to our troubleshooting, here are the things you can do if your iPhone XS can’t connect to the internet via mobile data…
Force Restart your iPhone XS – you must begin your troubleshooting with this procedure especially if it’s the first time you encounter the problem. This could also happen due to some minor glitches and when those things happen, the best thing to do is this:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up key.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down key.
- Press and hold the Side key until you see the Apple logo.
After the reboot, try to see if you can connect to the internet via mobile data because if not, then try the next procedure.
Reset network settings of your iPhone XS – by doing this, you’re bring the network settings of your device back to its factory defaults including the APN. If this is just a minor problem, then this procedure is enough to fix it. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings
- Type in the device password if prompted.
- Confirm selection.
After doing this, the following changes will occur:
- Stored Wi-Fi networks will be deleted.
- Stored tethered connections will be deleted.
- Paired Bluetooth devices will be deleted.
- Background data sync settings will be turned on.
- Data restrictive settings in applications that were manually turned on/off by the customer will be reset to the default setting.
- Network selection mode will be set to automatic.
- Preferred mobile network type will be set to best.
If the mobile data that’s not working problem continues to bug you after those procedures, then it’s time to call your service provider as it might be network-related.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!