If you have a WiFi toggle button greyed out on iPhone X, you may need to enable and disable the Airplane mode on your device. You can also perform a reset network settings to eliminate errors caused by invalid network configurations on your iPhone X. For more details, read further on this post.
If you’re trying to connect to WiFi and suddenly find your WiFi toggle greyed out, then this is due to a software issue and usually happens suddenly or after performing a software update. Here are some simple steps you can perform to try to fix the problem:
- The first step is to Reset your network settings, as this will also reset all Wifi connections in your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- You will then see the Apple logo and your phone will restart.
- Once your phone is back on, go into Settings > WiFi and try to connect to your WiFi network and enter the password.
- If your WiFi button is still grey, go into Settings > General > Software Update and make sure your device is up to date.
- If your iPhone is up-to-date and you’re still unable to turn your Wifi on or off, then the next step is to perform a full backup and restore of your device. For a detailed guide on how to backup and restore your iPhone click here.
- If your Wifi button still isn’t working after a backup and restore, try performing a restore and setting up your iPhone “as a new iPhone” when given the option. This means without restoring your saved backup. To factory reset your iPhone, just go to Settings > General > Reset > Delete All Contents and Settings.
- If all the steps above did not work and you still have a WiFi toggle button greyed out on iPhone X, your last option is to take your iPhone to an Apple Technician.
We also have our Youtube channel for other troubleshooting guides and tutorial videos. Please visit it and don’t forget to give our videos a thumbs up and subscribe to it. Thank you.