If the alerts and notifications make no sound even if the ringer is activated, try to turn off your device as it could help in resolving the issue right away. Refreshing the system often removes minor glitches and it’s an easy fix.
You may force restart your phone to kill those unwanted glitches and errors on your device. To do so, press and release the Volume Up button quickly. Then press and release the Volume Down button quickly. Lastly, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo.
Wait for your phone to boot up completely and check if you are able to get notifications and alerts sound this time. If not, perform the basic troubleshooting procedures provided below to fix alerts and notifications make no sound on iPhone X.
- On the iPhone X, located on the top left corner, there is a “silent” switch. Toggle it and make sure it is OFF.
- If problem persists, you want to make sure the “Do Not Disturb” feature isn’t active. To turn it off, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb. Make sure “Manual” and “Scheduled” are off.
- Go to Settings > Sounds and make sure the “ringer and alerts” volume is not muted.
- Go to Settings > Notifications and make sure your alerts are turned ON for any apps you wish to make sound.
- Insert your headphones into the headphone jack to check whether there is sound or not. Insert and remove them a few times. Sometimes the iPhone may get stuck in headphone mode and this might help.
- If none of these options worked, you can try performing a backup and restore of your iPhone
Note: For a full guide on how to backup and restore click here.
Thank you so much for reading this post. We also have our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Feel free to subscribe and don’t forget to give our videos a thumbs up. Thank you.