The population of online shoppers is continuously growing and so as the number of online shopping platforms for both Android and iOS devices. More and more people are now preferring to shop online rather than mall shopping for ease and convenience. Seeing this trending market, app developers are likewise diligently creating new platforms to cater extensive demands of online consumers.
One of the widely used online shopping platforms for iOS devices is the Amazon Shopping app. With this app, you can shop from the different online stores and select from the millions of products wherever you go. Just like any other mobile shopping platforms, a fast Wi-Fi internet connection is a key requisite for the Amazon shopping app to work as intended. While this app is tagged among the most robust platforms, it can also give into random issues due to many factors from network problems, bad apps, and account-related issues.
To give you some clues on where to get started when troubleshooting problems with the Amazon Shopping app on your iPhone XS Max, I’ve demonstrated a few simple workarounds for you to try on. Keep reading for more detailed solutions.
Before we move on, if you are looking for a solution to a different problem, then visit our iPhone XS Max Help Guides page as we already solved some of the most common issues with this device. Find issues that are similar with yours and feel free to use our solutions.
First solution: Refresh your iPhone’s Internet connection
Among the first things you have to rule out whenever online apps stopped working on your phone are Internet problems. The new update might have contained some bugs affecting the phone’s wireless functions, thus relevant apps and services are likewise acting up. To get rid of minor network connectivity errors, try to restart or refresh the phone’s Internet functions. There are many ways to do this and the simplest and most effective methods are subsequently demonstrated. The following steps will refresh your iPhone’s internet connection by disabling and re-enabling its Wi-Fi feature. Here’s how it works:
- Tap Settings from your Home screen.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Then toggle the Wi-Fi switch to turn the feature OFF.
- After a few seconds, toggle the switch again to turn Wi-Fi back ON.
Another way to restart and refresh wireless functions of your iPhone including Wi-Fi connections is the Airplane Mode trick. It works by turning the phone’s wireless radios off and back on shortly. Many people have found wonders from doing this trick whenever they bumped into random Wi-Fi problems, so it wouldn’t hurt if you give it a shot. Here’s how it works:
- From the Home screen, navigate to Settings-> Airplane Mode menu.
- Then toggle the switch to enable Airplane Mode. All wireless radios including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi functions are then disabled.
- While Airplane Mode is enabled, restart your iPhone XS Max.
- As soon as the phone boots up, then go back to Settings-> Airplane Mode menu.
- Then toggle the Airplane Mode switch to turn the feature OFF again.
Wait until your iPhone connects to your Wi-Fi network. Once connected, try launching the Amazon app again to see if the problem is gone. If it’s still not working or keeps crashing, then you have to try some other methods.
Second solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone.
Some updates override system settings automatically. When this happens, there can only be two possible outcomes and that’s either good or bad. Apparently, the outcome is bad. Should this be the problem, resetting all settings on your iPhone XS Max will likely fix it. This reset erases all customized settings including invalid options and network configurations. Here’s how it’s done:
- From your Home screen, tap on Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to and then tap on Reset.
- Select the option to Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter your passcode to proceed.
- Tap the option to confirm all settings RESET.
An indication that the reset is complete would be an auto-restart on your device. After your phone restarts, enable the features and services you want to use including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi features. Reconnect to your Wi-Fi network then retry loading the Amazon app and see how it works.
Third solution: Clear all background apps then restart Amazon app.
Suspended applications might have been corrupted following the system reset and therefore resulted to a conflict with other apps you’re using. To fix the problem, clearing all background apps is recommended. Here’s how:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen and then pause slightly in the middle of the screen.
- Then swipe right or left to navigate through the app previews.
- Swipe up on the Amazon shopping app card/preview to close it. Do the same to clear the rest of the background apps on your phone.
After clearing out all background apps on your iPhone XS Max, perform a soft reset to refresh your apps and to delete all junk files that are cached on the phone memory.
Fourth solution: Update Amazon shopping app.
App developers usually release app updates soon before or after a new iOS version is rolled out by Apple. This is done to ensure that their apps are still able to work properly on the new platform or iOS version. If you haven’t set the Amazon app to auto-update, then you have to manually install pending updates for the app. So here’s what you should do then:
- From the Home screen, tap App Store.
- Scroll down to the bottom part of the screen and then tap on the Updates tab. A list of pending app updates will then appear.
- Tap the Update button next to the Amazon shopping app. Doing so will install pending update for the application.
- If multiple app updates are available, tap the Update All button instead. Doing so will update all apps simultaneously.
After updating apps, reboot your iPhone to apply the new app changes. Then launch the Amazon app again to see how it works.
Fifth solution: Delete the Amazon shopping app then reinstall it on App Store.
The ultimate possible solution to corrupted applications is to reinstall them. If this is what happened to the Amazon app after installing the latest iOS update, then here’s how to fix it:
- From the Home screen, lightly touch and hold the Amazon shopping app icon until it jiggles.
- Then tap on the X at the upper-left corner of the Instagram app preview.
- Tap Delete when prompted to confirm action.
Another way to delete an app is through the iPhone settings. In case you find this way better than the prior method, just follow these steps:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll down the left menu then select General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Select Amazon shopping from the list of apps.
- Tap the option to Delete App.
- If prompted, tap Delete App to confirm.
Restart your phone after deleting the app and then head back to the App Store to search for, download and install the latest version of Amazon shopping app on your iPhone XS Max. Give your phone another reboot after when the installation is finished. To find out if this solved the problem, open the Amazon app and see if it’s working already.
Seek more help
If all else fails and you’ve already run out of options to get the Amazon app back up and running properly on your iPhone XR, then consider escalating the problem to the support team. You can reach Amazon customer service by phone, via live chat, or send an email to Amazon customer service. Let them know exactly about what happened before the symptoms manifest.
Or you can also contact Apple Support to report the problem. This is also imperative considering that the Amazon shopping app has started to crash or stopped working after installing the new update to iOS. This could be a stubborn iOS bug that requires a patch code to vanish.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!