A WiFi issue such as keeps on disconnecting could be an indication of a distorted connection or a reception problem from the router to your phone. You might be too far from the router and there is interference in between. Fix the Moto E can’t connect to WiFi or keeps disconnecting from WiFi connection as you read further.
If you’re having WiFi problems on your Moto E smartphone, this could be due to either your smartphone being unable to connect, or your internet modem. Here are the steps you can take to fix the problem and get connected to your WiFi:
- The first step you want to do is go to Settings > WiFi.
- Select your WiFi network and then tap Forget.
(If the only option you have is to Connect, then you can skip this step).
- Turn OFF your WiFi.
- Turn off your Moto E, wait 10 seconds and turn it back On.
- Once your Moto E is back on, go to Settings > WiFi and Connect to your WiFi network.
- If you’re still unable to connect to the network, make sure your WiFi connection is working by trying to connect with a different device.
- If your Moto E is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date by checking in Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
- If your Moto E is up-to-date and is the only device unable to connect to WiFi, unplug your WiFi router, wait 10 seconds, plug it back and try to reconnect once again with your Moto E.
- If issue is persistent, test your Moto E on other Wi-Fi connections to verifiy if it’s a problem with the device.
- If none of the solutions is able to fix the problem and you still got a Moto E can’t connect to WiFi or WiFi keeps dropping, try to perform a hard reset. For a complete guide on how to do it, please click here.
Please visit our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Don’t forget to give the videos a thumbs up and subscribe to it. Thank you.