To fix WiFi connection issues on your Moto G device, check if the WiFi feature is enabled. If not, toggle the switch to turn it on. If you still have no internet connection even when connected to a WiFi network, continue troubleshooting your device using the tweaks we have listed below.
Troubleshooting WiFi Connection Issues on the Moto G
Moto G will not connect to WiFi, or it drops the WiFi connection. WiFi not working on Moto G smartphone. WiFi issues on Moto G 1st gen, Moto G 2nd gen or Moto G 3rd gen.
If you’re having WiFi problems on your Moto G smartphone, this could be due to either your smartphone being unable to connect, or your internet modem. Here are the steps you can take to fix the problem and get connected to your WiFi:
- The first step you want to do is go to Settings > WiFi.
- Select your WiFi network and then tap Forget.
(If the only option you have is to Connect, then you can skip this step)
- Turn OFF your WiFi.
- Turn off your Moto G, Wait 10 seconds and turn it back on.
- Once your Moto G is back on, go to Settings > WiFi and Connect to your WiFi network.
- If you’re still unable to connect to the network, make sure your WiFi connection is working by trying to connect with a different device.
- If your Moto G is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date by checking in Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
- If your Moto G is up-to-date and is the only device unable to connect to WiFi, unplug your WiFi router, wait 10 seconds, plug it back and try to reconnect once again with your Moto G.
- If issue is persistent, test your Moto G on other WiFi connections to verify if it’s a problem with the device.
If the problem persists, contact your internet service provider for additional assistance and recommendations.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the WiFi connection issues on your Moto G device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. If you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guide page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our YouTube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.