To hard reset your Motorola Moto G smartphone, turn it off first. Then turn it on and then press and hold the volume up button for 15 seconds once the Android logo appears. Press and release the Power key while holding the volume up button.
Use the volume buttons to scroll to Wipe data/factory reset and press the Power key to select it. A more detailed procedure is also provided below. Feel free to read further and follow it.
If you are having issues with your Moto G smartphone, one of the solutions you can try is to force your Moto G to factory reset. This should only be done if you do not have access to your device and you’ve tried all other solutions. It is strongly advised to backup your device first if you are able to as this procedure deletes all data on your device and restores it to its original factory settings.
- If you can access your Moto G, then you can perform a factory restore through the following these steps:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- If your Moto G is password protected, you’ll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.
- Tap Erase everything.
- If you can’t access your smartphone, are locked out, or cannot power it on properly, then you can perform a hard reset by following these steps:
- Turn your Moto G off
- Press and hold the Volume down key and Power key for 2-3 seconds until the Boot options screen appears.
- Release the keys.
- Use the Volume down key to scroll to highlight Recovery.
- Press the Volume up key to select.
- The phone will display the Motorola logo then an image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
- Once the Android appears, press and hold the Volume up key for 10-15 seconds.
- Quickly tap and release the Power key.
- The Android recovery screen will appear. Scroll down using the Volume down key to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Once the reset is complete, press the Power key to Reboot.
- You will now have to go through the initial setup of your Moto G
Here is a video showing what performing a hard reset on a Motorola Moto G smartphone should look like if you’re having trouble:
I hope that this article has provided you the necessary information that you need. For other tutorials and troubleshooting videos, feel free to visit our Youtube channel anytime. Just don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe. Thank you.