Can’t receive text messages on Moto G even with a stable signal on your device? A simple phone restart should be able to fix this issue. If not, check your messaging app settings and make sure that there are no options being enabled that can prevent the incoming text messaging feature to work as intended. Read on.
Troubleshooting Can’t Receive Text messages on Moto G
- Can’t receive text messages on Moto G smartphone.
- Not receiving text messages from certain numbers on Motorola Moto G.
- Not getting messages from one or multiple numbers on Moto G, Moto G 2nd gen or Moto G 3rd gen.
The first thing you have to verify is if the problem is only with one number or with all numbers? If you can’t receive text messages from any numbers on your Moto G, make sure you have service on your phone first (if you don’t, click here). If you have service on your Moto G but can’t receive text messages, the only way to fix this issue is by performing a factory reset.
If you can’t receive text messages from only certain numbers, it is likely that they somehow found their way into your block list. To verify if this is the case, follow the steps below:
If you can’t receive text messages from only certain numbers, follow the steps below:
- Open the Messaging app.
- Select the conversation with the person you can’t receive messages from.
- Tap on the menu button (three dots) in the top right.
- Tap People & options.
- Make sure the “Block” feature isn’t activated.
- If the block feature was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your Moto G for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If none of the above steps worked, try changing your default SMS application.
If the issue is still unresolved, contact your network service provider. They can provide you with more information as well as official recommendations for the issue.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the messaging problem with your Moto G device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!