When it comes to free video streaming, YouTube emerges among the most popular and widely used platforms. And because of that, Google is doing all possible means to make the app as robust as possible and likewise to offer a pleasant YouTube experience to everyone. But even so, there are still some instances when the YouTube app becomes unstable. Highlighted below are possible solutions that you can use to deal with an issue with the iPhone XR YouTube app that keeps crashing for some reason. You can refer to this walkthrough whenever you need more inputs to deal with this issue. Keep reading for more information.
Before we move on to our troubleshooting, if you happen to find this post while looking for a solution to a different problem, then visit our iPhone XR Help Guides page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this device. We may have already published articles that could help you fix your problem. Find issues that are similar with yours and feel free to use our solutions.
Troubleshooting iPhone XR with Youtube that keeps crashing
Before troubleshooting, check and ensure that your iPhone has stable Internet connection. If your device is experiencing internet connectivity symptoms from slow to intermittent Internet connection, then that’s likely what triggers YouTube to crash. If the Internet is working fine but the YouTube app is not, then you’ve got to try these workarounds to eliminate other factors that ruined the app’s normal operations.
First solution: Clear background apps including YouTube on your iPhone XR.
Server errors and minor software glitches are among the reasons as to why apps like YouTube keep crashing. And the basic troubleshooting that user can resort to rule out this issue is to clear background apps on their iPhone XR. Here’s how:
- From the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom to the middle and then hold until the App Switcher appears.
- Swipe either left or right to find the YouTube app from the list.
- Then, gently touch and hold the YouTube app.
- Tap the Minus (-) sign to clear the app.
- Or you can also swipe the YouTube app up the moment that the minus (-) sign shows up.
Do these steps to close the remaining apps running in the background so as to prevent any of these apps from causing conflict to YouTube when it’s running again.
After closing all the background apps, launch YouTube to see if the crashing problem has been fixed.
Second solution: Perform a soft reset on your iPhone XR.
Minor software errors can also be the reason why YouTube app is unstable. In this case, you need to reboot or soft reset your iPhone to clear out these errors that caused YouTube to glitch. Just refer to these steps:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds.
- Once the Slide to Power off command pops up, release both buttons.
- Slide the Power switch to the right to completely turn off the phone.
- Leave it off phone for at least 30 seconds, and then press and hold the Side/Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Allow your iPhone to finish booting up and then open the YouTube app to see if the problem is gone. If the app continues to crash, then try other alternative solutions.
Third solution: Update the YouTube app to its latest version.
To maintain the apps smooth performance, apps developers are pushing regular updates regular updates. Some updates are mandatory while others aren’t. If you haven’t configured your apps to auto-update, it’s possible that you’ve missed to implement critical updates for YouTube apps. As a result, the app becomes vulnerable to performance issues. As resolution, you can manually install pending app updates from the App Store. Here’s how to get there:
- From the Home screen, select the App Store.
- Then tap the Updates tab located at the bottom right on the App Store screen.
- Search through the list and find YouTube app. Then tap the Update button next to the app’s name to install pending update for YouTube.
- If you are prompted with multiple apps updates, tap the Update All option to install the updates simultaneously. This requires faster and stable Internet connection though.
After updating apps, restart your iPhone XR to apple the new changes to YouTube and other recently updated applications.
Fourth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone XR.
To eliminate invalid or incorrect settings from the underlying causes, reset all settings on your iPhone. Doing so will erase recent customizations and then restores the original options or device configurations. Any associated errors will also be rectified from the reset. If you wish to try it, then follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to and tap Reset.
- Then select the Reset All Settings option.
- Enter your device passcode when prompted.
- And then tap the option to confirm all settings reset.
Performing this reset does not affect any saved data on the internal memory and therefore does not result to data permanent data loss. Just be sure to re-enable necessary features afterwards so you can use them again on your phone. And Wi-Fi is one of these features to enable.
Fifth solution: Delete your YouTube app and reinstall it.
Persistent crashing is a possible indication that the app is already corrupted and no longer working. If this is what occurs to your iPhone XR’s YouTube app, then you will need to delete/uninstall the corrupted version of the app and then download the latest version from the App Store. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold any icons for a couple of seconds.
- Once the icons start to jiggle, tap the X sign on the YouTube icon to delete the app.
- Then tap Delete to confirm.
- After uninstalling the YouTube app, restart (soft reset) your iPhone.
- Then launch the App Store.
- Search through and download the latest version of YouTube app for your iPhone XR.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the download and installation process.
Once the app is finished installing, give your iPhone another restart before launching the recently installed version of YouTube app on your device.
Still couldn’t get YouTube to work on your iPhone XR?
If none of the prior solutions is able to fix YouTube and that it continues to crash on your iPhone XR, then it’s likely not an issue with your iPhone but rather with YouTube itself. In that case, technical aid from the YouTube app developers would be necessary.
For more advanced troubleshooting and possible solutions to complex errors affecting YouTube, contact Google’s YouTube support or visit Google’s YouTube help center and report the problem to get further suggestions.
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guides page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.