There are many symptoms of Internet problems transpiring on an iPhone XR. Among the bizarre symptoms is being connected to Wi-Fi but has no Internet access. If you’re here because of the same reason, then this post is for you. Keep reading and feel free to try the given solutions below to fix your iPhone XR that cannot browse or use online services even when it’s connected to Wi-Fi network.
In this post, we will help you troubleshoot your iPhone XR that’s connected to the network has no Internet access. We will consider every possibility and rule them out one by one until we can determine what the issue is and hopefully fix it.
Before we move on to our troubleshooting, if you happen to find this post while looking for a solution to a different problem, then visit our iPhone XR Help Guides page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this device. We may have already published articles that could help you fix your problem. Find issues that are similar with yours and feel free to use our solutions.
Troubleshooting iPhone XR that has no Internet
Experience would tell us that while this problem is pretty annoying, it’s actually pretty easy to fix provided that your phone doesn’t have any signs of physical and/or liquid damage. Go through the solutions below and see if one of them works for you…
Solution #1: Refresh your phone’s Wi-Fi system.
If this is the first time it happens to your iPhone, then it could be due to some minor glitch affecting the phone’s wireless functions. Cases like this are often remedied by simply turning your Wi-Fi off and then back on again. This tweak helps refresh the phone’s wireless fidelity features. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, go to Settings.
- Then, select Wi-Fi menu.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi switch to turn the feature off. Wait for a few seconds and then tap the switch to turn the feature back on.
Once you are reconnected to the Wi-Fi network, open your browser and check if the internet is already working.
Otherwise, you can also try to enable and disable Airplane Mode to restart and refresh the phone wireless radios. Many people found wonders from the Airplane Mode trick, so you might as well consider giving it a shot and then see what happens. Here’s how it works:
- Go to Settings-> Airplane Mode menu.
- Toggle the Airplane mode switch to turn the feature ON. This disables wireless radios of the phone.
- While Airplane mode is turned ON, reboot your iPhone.
- After rebooting, head back to Settings-> Airplane Mode menu.
- Then toggle the switch to turn Airplane Mode off again.
Reconnect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and then see if it is already able to load online apps and access websites. If your iPhone XR still has no Internet access after this, then move on to the next procedure.
ALSO READ: How to fix Apple iPhone XR that has no sound
Solution #2: Power-cycle the wireless router/modem.
Having trouble accessing the internet using a Wi-Fi network can also be corrected by refreshing the internet access source, and this can be done by simply rebooting the router or modem. Doing so helps fix minor firmware issues of the modem or wireless router that might have caused your iPhone XR to not be able to access the internet. Here is how you do it:
- Press the Power button of the wireless router/modem to turn it off.
- When the light indicators are all out, unplug the AC adapter of the router from the power outlet for a least a minute.
- Then, plug the AC adapter back in.
- Turn on the modem/router again by pressing the Power button.
When the lights of the modem become stable, open an internet-required app and see if you are now able to access the internet. Make sure as well that your iPhone XR is connected to your Wi-Fi network. If it still has no internet connection, try the next solution.
Solution #3: Restart (soft reset) your iPhone XR.
The most common yet effective way of troubleshooting your phone is to do a quick restart or also known as a soft reset. This can correct almost all phone issues including internet access which are usually caused by minor software malwares. Here is how you do a soft reset on your handset:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume up/down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- Drag the power off slider to the right to turn the phone off.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Side/Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Allow your phone to finish booting up. Once it’s completely back on, launch your browser to see if the internet is already up and running.
Solution #4: Delete and re-select your Wi-Fi network.
This solution is known to resolve various types of Wi-Fi problems on an iPhone from random Internet drops to no Internet access at all. Before deleting your network though, make sure that you have secured your Wi-Fi password and relevant information. You will need to re-enter this information once you re-join with the network. Here is how you delete saved Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone XR:
- From the Home screen, go to Settings.
- Tap the Wi-Fi menu.
- Then, tap the information icon (i) next to the Wi-Fi network that you wish to delete.
- Tap the Forget This Network option to delete the network.
If you see any other saved Wi-Fi networks, follow the same procedure to delete them all. Deleting these networks is needed to prevent any of them from causing conflict or interfering with the network you are using. Continue to the next step to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network:
- Once the Wi-Fi network has been deleted, restart your iPhone XR.
- When the phone is turned back on, go back to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu and then toggle the switch to turn Wi-Fi on, if necessary.
- Select the desired Wi-Fi network that you want to use.
- If prompted, enter the correct Wi-Fi password.
- Then tap Join or Connect.
Your phone will now attempt to connect to the Wi-Fi network. If the Wi-Fi password you entered is correct, you should be connected successfully. After connecting to the network, try to browse through usual webpages you visit or download any application to see if your phone still has no internet. If such is the case, then move on to the next procedure.
Solution #5: Reset your iPhone XR’s network settings.
If forgetting Wi-Fi networks doesn’t solve the problem, then you may have to resort to performing network reset on your phone. Doing so will delete relevant network information including the corrupted Wi-Fi networks, APNs, Bluetooth connections and other server settings on the phone. Errors that are associated with these factors are likewise obliterated. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to and tap Reset.
- Then, select the Reset network settings option.
- Enter your passcode when prompted.
- Tap the option to confirm the network settings reset.
This process won’t delete any stored files on your phone’s internal memory so you don’t have to worry of losing personal information during the reset. When the phone has completely booted up, you need to set up the Wi-Fi network so you can connect to and use it again. Once you are already connected to your Wi-Fi network, check and see if your phone still has no internet because if so, you should try the following solutions, too.
- iOS restore. Restoring your phone to its factory default can also be done to rectify the internet access issue. It possible that a major software bugs has caused the wireless connection to fail. When the above possible solutions have been exhausted to no avail, you may try doing this master reset. Just make sure to back up your phone as this will result to data loss.
- iOS update. Your iPhone XR should also be running with the latest OS version. If it isn’t, then proceed with updating your iOS version to obtain bug fixes. However, if the problem occurs after you updated your iOS, an iOS restore is needed, which can be done through DFU mode recovery mode.
- Service. You can’t neglect the possibility that hardware damage is present on your phone or wireless router/modem in use. Performing the aforementioned procedures is usually good enough to eliminate software-related factors that might have prevented your device from accessing the Internet even when it’s connected to Wi-Fi. In that case, you may have to consider taking your phone or router/modem the a nearby authorized service center for hardware check-up and repair, if needed.
- Escalate the problem. Check your internet service provider’s website to check for any possible server maintenance or system outage. You can also contact them directly and talk to one of the technical representatives for you to be assisted accordingly.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your iPhone XR that has no internet even if it’s connected to the WiFi network. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!