To perform a hard reset, turn off your device. Then press and hold the Volume Down button and then the Power button. Your device will vibrate and continue to hold both buttons. Only release both buttons if the ‘System recovery’ screen displays. From the System recovery screen, select Factory data reset.
A more detailed procedure is also provided below. Learn all the steps as you read further.
Hard reset is a term used in the smartphone world used to describe performing a factory data reset of your LG V30 to it’s factory settings using the hardware keys. Here are some possible situations where you would require a hard reset for your LG V30:
-LG V30 stuck in bootloop
-Forgot unlock code, passcode or pin
-LG V30 won’t power on properly
-Can’t access apps or settings to factory reset
-LG V30 virus or software bug
-LG V30 won’t restart
Performing a hard reset erases everything on your device. If you are able, make sure to backup any data you need first (pictures, contacts, apps etc.)
If you can access your LG V30, then you can perform a factory reset by following these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Backup & reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Confirm by tapping Reset settings
If you can’t access the settings on your LG V30 because of any reason such as a software issue or a forgotten pin, here is how you can perform a factory reset using the hardware keys, also called a hard reset:
- Power off your LG V30
- Press the Volume Down button and Power button together until the LG logo appears on the screen
- Once the LG logo appears, quickly release then re-hold the Power button while still holding the Volume down button
- At this point the “Factory data reset” screen should appear
- It will display 2 options, No and Yes. Tap the Volume down button to select Yes
- Tap the Power button to confirm.
- “Erase all user data and restore default settings” appears.
- Again, tap the Volume down button to select Yes.
- Tap the Power button to confirm and reset the device.
- The device will reset to its factory settings and reboot to the initial android setup.
You can also visit our Youtube channel for other tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Just don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe to it. Thank you.