To hard reset your LG smartphone, simply press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button. Once you see the LG logo, release the Power button and immediately press and hold it again. When the factory data reset screen appears, release both buttons. From the Factory data reset screen, select Yes.
You can perform a hard reset if your phone is frozen and does not respond to any commands. This has been found an effective solution when dealing with few smartphone issues.
Provided below is an in-depth procedure on how to do a factory reset on your LG smartphone. Read further and find out how.
Important: This erases everything on your phone, so if you’re not locked out try backing it up first then try these methods for LG smartphone factory reset.
- Switch your phone off. If it’s frozen, remove the battery to turn it off then put it back.
- Once the device is off, press the Volume Down button and Power button together until the LG logo appears on the screen.
- When the LG logo is displayed, let go of the Power button, keep pressing the Volume Down key and then immediately press the Power button again.
- Release all keys when the Factory Reset screen appears.
- Press the Volume Down button to select and the Power button to confirm reset.
Once the reboot process has been completed, you can now set up your LG smartphone to use it again.
Since smartphone manufacturers like LG are constantly rolling out changes to their software, some process may change over time. For updated guides, you may also visit their website or reach out to their support team.
I hope that this article has provided you the needed information. If you’ll need other help, feel free to visit our Youtube channel where you can find tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Just don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe. Thank you.