If you’re having trouble with your Google Pixel and needs to perform a hard reset, just press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons until the Android Recovery screen appears. Press the Volume down button, then with Recovery Mode displayed, press the Power button.
Those are the basic steps to enter a factory reset process on your device. This should only be done if you do not have access to your device and you’ve tried all other solutions. It is strongly advised to backup your device first if you are able to as this procedure deletes all data on your device and restores it to its original factory settings.
A more detailed process is provided below for your reference. Follow them accordingly.
- If you still have access to your Google Pixel, then you can perform a factory restore by following these steps:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- If your phone is password protected, you’ll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.
- Tap Erase everything.
- If you can’t access your Pixel for whatever reason (locked out, forgot pin, android OS malfunction) then you can perform a hard reset by following these steps:
- Turn your Google Pixel off.
- Start by holding Volume Down for 3 seconds, followed by the Power Button for another 5 seconds.
- An image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
- Press the Volume Down key twice until “Recovery mode” appears on the screen.
- Press the Power key to restart in “Recovery mode.”
- An image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
- While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
- The Android System Recovery screen will appear. Release all keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and press the Power key to confirm.
- Scroll down and select Yes – Delete All User Data.
- Select Reboot System Now. The phone will then reboot to its factory settings.
- The phone will restart.
- You will now have to go through the setup of your Google Pixel.
If you weren’t successful on your first try, keep trying! It’s a bit tricky to get at first, but follow the steps carefully and you will eventually be able to hard reset your Google Pixel with no issues.
For more tutorials and troubleshooting videos, feel free to visit our Youtube channel. You can also subscribe to our channel to get the latest tech and tips updates. Just don’t forget to like the videos. Thank you.