If you are not receiving text messages on your LG smartphone, make sure that the “block feature” isn’t enabled. Blacklisted phone numbers can no longer call or send you text messages. If the block feature isn’t activated and you’re still not receiving SMS, read on and refer to the troubleshooting guide we mapped out below.
Fixing Not Receiving Text Messages Issue on LG Smartphone
Not receiving incoming text messages from one or multiple numbers on the LG G3. Can’t receive texts on LG G4. Having issues with receiving text on LG G3 or LG G4. Incoming text messages not appearing in messaging inbox on LG smartphone. Can send messages to a contact but can’t receive.
If you can send messages to someone but you can’t receive their texts, this issue is usually caused by one or multiple numbers sneaking their way into your Spam List on your LG smartphone. To verify if the number is in fact in your block list, follow these steps:
Posts you might like
- Go into Messages, then tap on the menu button in the top right corner.
- Tap on Spam manager.
- Select “Spam settings”
- Make sure Block spam is unchecked. Or alternatively go into Spam numbers and make sure the number you can’t receive messages from isn’t in your spam numbers list as that would drive all incoming messages to your Spam box. If it is, you can simply delete the number from the spam list.
- If the block feature was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your LG for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If none of the above options worked or you are not receiving messages from all contacts, you can fix this issue by performing a factory reset in Settings > Backup & Reset (General tab). Make sure to save any pictures or data as this will erase all content from your device.
If everything else fails, contact your network service provider for further assistance and recommendations.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the incoming text messaging problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. If you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guide page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our YouTube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.