Need help to fix iPhone mobile data? Read further…
Mobile data is one of the two most commonly used methods in connecting your Apple iPhone XR to the Internet. In fact, it’s the default method out of the box but most of the time users prefer WiFi as it’s the cheapest and nowadays fastest way. There are times when you will be needing mobile data like when you’re mobile and you need to be constantly connected to the internet for some reason. It is also required so that you can send and receive picture messages or MMS.
If the mobile data doesn’t work on your iPhone, there’s always a chance that it’s just temporary. In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your iPhone XR with mobile data that doesn’t work. We will try to rule out every possibility and I’ll give you the most practical troubleshooting procedures. So, if you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently being bugged by this problem, continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
Before we move on to our troubleshooting, if you happen to find this post while looking for a solution to a different problem, then visit and browse our iPhone XR Help Guides page for we have already solved several common problems with this device. We may have already published articles that could help you fix your problem.
Going back to our troubleshooting, here are the things you need to do if your iPhone XR mobile data no longer works…
- Force restart your iPhone XR
- Reset Network Settings of your iPhone
- Check the APN or call your provider
- Factory reset your iPhone XR
A forced restart may be all you need to do in order to fix this problem especially if mobile data was working properly before this issue started. Doing this will refresh your iPhone’s memory as well as reload its apps and services. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up key.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down key.
- Press and hold the Side key until you see the Apple logo.
Once the phone becomes active, try to see if mobile data works fine and if there’s still try the next procedure.
Another effective solution you should try is the network reset. This covers all network services so regardless whether you’re using WiFi or mobile data, this could work. When it’s done, the following changes will occur:
- Stored Wi-Fi networks will be deleted.
- Stored tethered connections will be deleted.
- Paired Bluetooth devices will be deleted.
- Background data sync settings will be turned on.
- Data restrictive settings in applications that were manually turned on/off by the customer will be reset to the default setting.
- Network selection mode will be set to automatic.
- Preferred mobile network type will be set to best.
And here’s how you reset Network Settings on your iPhone XR:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings
- Type in the device password if prompted.
- Confirm selection.
After doing this, all network settings will be reset to default including the device’s Access Point Name or APN. It’s very important to mobile data so it must be correct. If your iPhone is provided to you by your service provider, the APN is set automatically upon release but if not, then you will have to call your provider and ask for it. You also have to ask if your account is in good standing and if there’s a problem with the network in your area.
Lastly, if all else fails, you have to reset your iPhone as it might be an issue with the firmware. Before the reset, make sure to sync your device with iTunes and backup your files and data as they will be deleted during the process.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your iPhone mobile data problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!