To fix WiFi issues on a Samsung Galaxy S7 device, toggle the WiFi menu OFF and ON again. Doing so will refresh the feature and will let you reconnect to the network without any issues. If the problem persists, move on to the next troubleshooting procedures listed below.
Fix WiFi Issues on a Samsung Galaxy S7
WiFi not working on Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge. Unable to connect to WiFi or WiFi dropping constantly. WiFi connected but internet wont work. WiFi issues with Samsung Galaxy S7.
Before troubleshooting your Samsung, you want to make sure that your cellphone is the only one having this problem on your WiFi connection. If all devices are having WiFi issues, then you want to contact your internet provider as the issue is not with your Galaxy S7 but most likely with your WiFi connection.
If your Samsung GS7 is the only device to have issues on your WiFi connection, then here are the steps you can take to fix this issue:
- Go to Settings > WiFi.
- Select your WiFi network and tap Forget.
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on.
- Go back into Settings > WiFi and reconnect to your network. You will have to re-enter your WiFi password.
- If you’re still unable to connect, reboot your WiFi modem:
- Unplug your internet modem from its power adapter located usually behind it.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your internet modem back to its power adapter.
- Wait 5 minutes for the modem to boot completely.
- Try reconnecting with your Samsung Galaxy S7.
- If your Galaxy S7 still has issues and is the only device experiencing this problem, make sure it is up to date in Settings > About Phone > Software updates
- If your GS7 is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Test it using other WiFi connections to determine if the problem is with a specific internet connection, or with the Samsung itself.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the WiFi problems with your Samsung Galaxy S7 device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!