To block text messages on Samsung Galaxy S9, simply block the phone numbers you don’t wish to receive messages from. It is easier to do it on a Samsung Galaxy S9 so continue reading as this short guide will show you step-by-step how to block a certain contact easily.
How to Block Text Messages on Samsung Galaxy S9?
Just before we move on to our tutorials, if you found this post while trying to find a solution to a certain problem, then visit our Galaxy S9 Help Guides for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this device. We may have already published posts that could help you fix the problem with your phone.
- From the home screen, select the Messages app.
- Select the Menu icon, then select Settings.
- Select Block numbers and messages.
- To block specific numbers, select Block numbers. To view blocked messages, select Blocked messages.
- Enter the desired phone number, then select the Add icon.
- Select INBOX to block a number from your messages inbox.
- Select CONTACTS to block a number from your contacts.
- To remove a number, select the Remove icon next to the desired number you would like to remove.
- BLOCK UNKNOWN NUMBERS: From the Call settings screen, select Block numbers then select the Block unknown callers switch.
There you have it! As far as blocking contacts or text messages is concerned, that’s how you do it on your Galaxy S9.
You could no longer receive text messages from blocked numbers but actually, they still come through and can be found under “blocked messages.” You always have an option to delete them for good. This is the best thing you could do without using any third-party applications.
Posts you might like
If this doesn’t suffice your needs, then there are several apps in the Play Store that would help you blocked contacts and text messages. Some are free while others may require you to pay a small amount.
I hope that we are able to help you block text messages on your Samsung Galaxy S9 device. If you find this information helpful, feel free to share this post.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!