A Samsung Galaxy S6 that has no network connection and showing No Service can be fixed by restarting the phone. Doing so will eliminate minor software glitch and cache files that’s preventing the phone to acquire signal from the network. Hence, you can troubleshoot further if the problem persists. Read on.
Troubleshooting Samsung Galaxy S6 with No Service
No service on Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung S6 Edge or Galaxy S6 Edge plus. Unable to place calls or text. Getting “Emergency calls only”. No network connection available on Samsung GS6. No signal bars on Galaxy S6 Edge.
If you have no service on your Samsung Galaxy S6, then here are the steps you can take to fix this issue:
Posts you might like
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on
- Go to Settings > Mobile Networks.
Tap on Network Mode. Select the second WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) option.Then select Network operators and tap Search networks.Once the search is complete, select your Carrier. Test your device.
- If you are unable to pull up any networks when performing your search, verify if your SIM card works by testing it in a different device. If you experience the same issue in a different device, try replacing your SIM card or contacting your Carrier to make sure it’s properly activated.
- If there are no issue when putting your SIM in a different device, then the problem is with your Samsung Galaxy S6 and you can try performing a factory reset as shown here.
- If issue persists after a factory reset, and after testing your SIM, then you must verify what your options are for repairing or replacing your device with your carrier or the manufacturer.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the no service issue with your Samsung Galaxy S6 device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. If you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guide page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our YouTube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.