To fix no mobile data or internet issue on a Nexus 5x device, check and ensure that your phone has a network connection. Then proceed troubleshooting the device using the workarounds listed below.
Fix No Mobile Data or Internet on Nexus 5x
Mobile data issue can be due to random software glitches, network connectivity issues, and misconfigured data settings. If you are among the many users who are having trouble accessing the internet on their Nexus device, here are a couple things you can try to fix this issue:
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on.
- Make sure you have a network connection (if you have No Service click here).
- Go to Settings > Data Usage and make sure mobile data is checked ☑ and there is no data limit blocking you.
- Go to Settings > More… > Cellular networks > Access point names and make sure you have your Carrier selected (For all APN settings click here).
- If you’re still not getting any internet through mobile data after verifying the APN settings and making sure it was turned on, verify with your Carrier if there is anything that could be blocking your data access on their end.
- If there are no issues on your carrier’s end, you can try turning off LTE and testing your mobile data using regular 4G.
- Go to Settings > More… > Cellular networks > Preferred network type.
- Select 3G.
- Restart your Nexus and test your cellular data.
- If issue persists, you will want to consider a factory reset of your Nexus. For a guide on how to backup and reset your Nexus smartphone click here.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!