If you’re having audio and microphone issues on a Samsung phone, try to isolate if this is a hardware or software related problem. Try to remove all accessories, disable bluetooth, record something. Then turn off the phone and turn it on again.
If you are not able to record anything, then it is most likely a hardware problem. You will need to visit your local shop and have your phone checked by an authorized technician.
To rule out software-related problems that cause audio and microphone issues on your Samsung phone, I have mapped out some solutions below. Feel free to follow them.
- Restart your device.
- Check if notifications are turned off. Go to Settings > Accessibility and make sure Turn off all sounds is not checked.
- Now go to Settings > Sound and make sure your volume levels are correct and sound is turned on.
- Hit Phone > Menu > Call settings > Additional settings and then uncheck Noise reduction.
- Insert your headphones into the headphone jack then take them out. Continue to do this for a couple of minutes as sometimes the phone tricks itself into thinking it’s in headphone mode. Also by doing this you are likely to dislodge any dust or dirt build up that may be causing this issue.
- Take a look at the microphone hole on the bottom of your Galaxy. If it looks like there’s something stuck in there then clean it. Try compressed air to blow it out first.
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy has the latest software update, to check go into Settings > More.. tab > About device > Software update > Check for updates.
- If issue persists, contact your provider or place of purchase as it may be a hardware issue and will need to be repaired or replaced.
Thank you so much for reading this post. We also have our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Feel free to visit it. Just don’t forget to give our videos a thumbs up and subscribe to our channel. Thank you.