When Samsung Galaxy S8 is having USB connection issues like not charging, having troubles connecting to the computer, etc., make sure to use the manufacturer-supplied cable and power adapter. Then follow the instructions we have listed below to further troubleshoot your device. Scroll down and read further.
Fixing Samsung Galaxy S8 Not Charging – How to Fix USB Connection Issues
- Galaxy S8 not charging.
- Computer not detecting Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Can’t transfer files or photos from Galaxy S8 to PC.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus not detecting PC.
- Connection from Galaxy S8 to computer through USB not working.
If you’re having trouble connecting your Samsung Galaxy S8 by USB to your computer to transfer files or photos, here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- The first thing to try is to swap the USB cable. Some cables are only capable of charging your smartphone and won’t be able to transfer any files. It’s best to make sure you’re using the original cable when trying to connect your Galaxy S8 to a computer or laptop for media transfer.
- If swapping cables didn’t work or you don’t have a spare:
Try activating “USB debugging” by performing these steps:
- Activate developer mode in your smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Developer options.
- Tap on USB debugging to turn it on.
- Scroll down to USB configuration and make sure it’s set to MTP.
- Once USB debugging is enabled, restart your phone and try to connect it again.
If none of the options above worked, make sure the USB cable you have is able to transfer files (you can test it on a different smartphone)
If your Galaxy S8 is still not charging and you’re still having trouble connecting to the computer after exhausting the handful tips provided above, don’t hesitate to contact your phone provider for further assistance.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the charging and/or USB connection issues with your Galaxy S8 device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. If you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guide page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our YouTube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.