WiFi issues on a Sony Xperia Z can be fixed by simply forgetting/deleting the saved WiFi network on your device. It is possible that the network has been corrupted, preventing your device to acquire a stable internet connection from your home internet modem. See the complete troubleshooting procedures below.
Troubleshooting WiFi Issues on a Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z will not connect to WiFi. Sony Xperia Z dropping WiFi connection. WiFi not working on Sony Xperia Z5 Ultra. WiFi issues on XPeria Z, XPeria Z2, XPeria Z3, XPeria Z4 or XPeria Z5.
If you’re having trouble with your WiFi connection on your Sony Xperia Z, it could either be your smartphone or the internet connection. If all other devices are working properly except your Sony Xperia Z, then here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:
- If your WiFi connection is saved in your Xperia Z, then “forget” the WiFi connection.
- Go to Settings > WiFi and turn OFF your WiFi.
- Turn off your Sony smartphone , Wait 10 seconds and turn it back On.
- Connect to your WiFi network.
- If you’re still unable to connect, try this:
- Unplug your internet modem from its power adapter located usually behind it.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your internet modem back to its power adapter.
- Wait 5 minutes for the modem to boot completely.
- Try reconnecting with your Xperia Z.
- If your Sony smartphone still has issues and is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date in Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
- If your Xperia is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Test it using other WiFi connections to determine if the problem is with a specific internet connection, or with the Xperia itself.
If your phone is still not getting WiFi internet connection, you can contact your phone manufacturer or home internet provider for further assistance and recommendations.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the WiFi issues with your Sony Xperia Z device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!