If you can’t receive text messages on Sony Xperia Z and this is the first time that you’ve encountered the issue, try restarting your device. This simple procedure may resolve the problem right away. If the issue persists after the reset, read further and learn how to fix the issue.
Before you try out the given procedures below, contact your network provider first to verify they have an ongoing service outage that may have been affecting the SMS services. If they have confirmed that the service is up and running, proceed with the given solutions below.
The first thing you have to verify is if the problem is only with one number or with all numbers? If you can’t receive text messages from any numbers on your Sony Xperia Z, make sure you have service on your phone first (if you don’t, click here).
Posts you might like
If you can’t receive text messages from only certain numbers, follow the steps below:
- Open the “Contacts” app.
- Select the name of the contact you can’t receive texts from.
- Tap the pencil icon to edit the contact.
- Press the “Menu” icon depicting three vertical dots.
- Make sure “All calls to Voicemail” is unchecked. Activating that feature will also block SMS.
- If “All calls to voicemail” was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your nexus for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If you still can’t receive text messages on Sony Xperia Z, reset the network settings on your device. To do so, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, tap Apps.
- Select Settings and tap Backup & reset.
- Select Network settings reset.
- Tap Reset Settings. Enter PIN or password if prompted.
- Tap Reset Settings again to confirm your action and wait for the process to initiate and complete.
- If none of the solutions worked on your device, consider performing a factory reset.
Thank you so much for reading this post. We also have our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Feel free to visit it anytime and don’t forget to subscribe and like the videos. Thank you.