It is very easy to turn on the passcode on your iPhone 6. Just go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock. But as easy as it may seem to set it up, you might find it hard to unlock iPhone 6 passcode or forgot PIN code. If you have this problem, read further.
Locking yourself out of your iPhone is always a tough situation. The iPhone can sometimes stop recognizing your fingerprint and the only way to unlock it is through the PIN, and if you can’t remember what PIN number you’ve set there is only one solution possible: to restore your iPhone completely, erasing all data from your iPhone and the passcode lock along with it.
Since Apple introduced the pin lock as a security feature, it would make sense that the only way to remove that lock is to restore the iPhone completely and all personal data along with it.
So how do you get rid of that PIN lock so you can access your iPhone again? Here are the two possible ways in which you can restore your iPhone to be able to access it again:
- The first way you can remove the PIN code is if you had an Apple ID setup with iCloud. Here is how you can use iCloud to remove the pin lock code from your iPhone.
- Go to icloud.com/#find.
- If prompted, sign in with your iCloud Apple ID.
- Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
- Select the device you want to erase.
- Click “Erase [device]” to erase your device and its passcode.
- Once the phone is erased, follow the steps displayed on the iPhone to set it up again and choose a backup file to restore when prompted.
- If you didn’t have iCloud set-up, you can erase your device by putting it into “Recovery Mode” and performing a restore.
This process can be a little tricky so click here for a detailed guide on how to put your device in “Recovery Mode” to perform a restore.
I am hoping that you are able to unlock iPhone 6 passcode. Should you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact Apple support.
We also have our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Feel free to visit it anytime and don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe to our channel. Thank you.