Can’t use the voice command to text someone. How to activate voice to text on iPhone. Microphone button greyed out for text messaging. Can’t activate the microphone to use voice to text on iPhone
If you cant activate your microphone to use the voice to text function on your iPhone:
- Go to Settings > General > Siri and turn Siri OFF
- Then Soft Reset your device by holding down the Power button and the Home button together until the apple logo appears, then wait for the iPhone to restart (no data will be lost)
- Once your iPhone is back on, go back into Settings > General > Siri and turn it back ON
- Go to Settings > General > Restrictions and make sure Siri is ON
- Test your Voice to text and it should be working!