If you are having issues with WiFi connected but not working on Samsung Galaxy Smartphones, read this post. This guide is for Samsung Galaxy S4 or older. For Galaxy S5 or newer click here.
There are several factors that could affect WiFi connection on your device. Interference like concrete walls, the distance of your router/modem and service outages on your network provider may cause relevant symptoms to occur.
To help those Samsung Galaxy users who are having internet connection problems while using their WiFi, I have mapped out some simple solutions below. Read further and fix the WiFi connected but not working on Samsung Galaxy.
Posts you might like
Before troubleshooting your Samsung, you want to make sure that your cellphone is the only one having this problem. If all devices are having wifi issues, then you want to contact your home internet provider.
Here is what you can try to fix issues with your Wi-Fi connection:
- Go to Settings > WiFi.
- Select your Wifi network and tap Forget.
- Power off your device completely, then power it back on.
- Go back into Settings > WiFi and reconnect to your network. You will have to re-enter your WiFi password.
- If you’re still unable to connect, try this:
- Unplug your internet modem from its power adapter located usually behind it.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your internet modem back to its power adapter.
- Wait 5 minutes for the modem to boot completely.
- Try reconnecting with your Nexus.
- If your Samsung Galaxy still has issues and is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date in Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
- If your smartphone is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Test it using other WiFi connections to determine if the problem is with a specific internet connection, or with the Samsung itself.
- You can also perform a factory reset on your device. For a complete guide on how to backup and restore your smartphone, please click here.
We also have our Youtube channel if you want to explore tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Just don’t forget to give our videos a thumbs up and subscribe to our channel. Thank you.