When you can’t receive text messages on your Moto E smartphone, see to it that the “Block” feature isn’t activated with any of your contacts. Then troubleshoot the phone to address the incoming text issue using the tips listed below. Read on.
Troubleshooting Can’t Receive Text Messages on Moto E
- Can’t receive text messages on Moto E smartphone.
- Not receiving text messages from certain numbers on Motorola Moto E.
- Not getting messages from one or multiple numbers on Moto E 1st gen or Moto E 2nd gen.
The first thing you have to verify is if the problem is only with one number or with all numbers? If you can’t receive text messages from any numbers on your Moto E, make sure you have service on your phone first (if you don’t, click here). If you have service on your Moto E but still can’t receive text messages, the only way to fix this issue is by performing a factory reset.
If you can’t receive text messages from only certain numbers, it is likely that they somehow found their way into your block list. To verify if this is the case, follow the steps below:
Posts you might like
If you can’t receive text messages from only certain numbers, follow the steps below:
- Open the Messaging app.
- Select the conversation with the person you can’t receive messages from.
- Tap on the menu button (three dots) in the top right.
- Tap People & options.
- Make sure the “Block” feature isn’t activated.
- If the block feature was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your Moto E for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If none of the above steps worked for you, try changing the default SMS application.
If the issue is still unresolved, contact your network service provider to check if there’s an on-going outage affecting your incoming text messaging feature. Otherwise, additional troubleshooting or recommendation may be provided.
I hope that we are able to help you fix the incoming text issue on your Moto E device. If you find this information helpful, feel free to share this post.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!