This post will walk you through altering the default sound that’s set for alarms on the latest Google Pixel smartphone. Here’s a quick guide to change the default alarm sound on the new Pixel 7.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 4 minutes
The latest update released by Google brings in new sets of ringtones, alarms and notification sounds for Pixel devices. A total of twelve (12) new sound additions in the New Elements sound category is added and is now ready for use on an updated Pixel phone.
If you’re new to this phone and wondering how to replace the default alarm sound on your Pixel 7 with any of the new Natural Elements tones, we’ve outlined the steps to walk you through the entire process.
Feel free to start whenever you’re all set to configure your Pixel device’s Sounds app.
- To get started, open the Settings app menu by tapping on the Settings icon represented by a gear image from the Apps tray of your phone.
Simply swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen to access the Apps tray on your Pixel 7. There, you should see different app icons lining up including the Settings app icon or shortcut.
- In the Settings app menu, you will see a list of all system services and features. Scroll to find Sound & vibration from the given options then tap on it to proceed.
The Sounds app menu will load up next with another set of features and settings associated with the phone’s sound and vibration functions.
- Find Default alarm sound from the given options then tap on it to continue.
On the next screen, you will see different sound categories including New Elements and other folders containing alarm sounds.
- Tap to select your preferred sound category.
You can choose any from the given categories such as My Sounds, Pixel Sounds, Natural Elements, Material Adventures and more.
- On the succeeding window, you will see a list of all available alarm sounds inside the selected category. Just tap to select the sound that you’d like to set and use for your phone’s alarm notification.
A short sound preview will be played (in loop) the moment you tap on a preset sound.
- If you like the selected sound and decide to use it, tap Save on the upper-right corner of the screen.
Doing so applies the recent changes to your phone’s alarm sound settings and replaces the default or previous alarm sound with your new selection.
- Google Pixel 7
The new sound will then be used and played for the next alarms you set on your Pixel 7. Should you wish to change or replace it with another sound, just repeat the same steps to head back to the Alarm Sound settings menu then choose the sound that you’d like to set as your new alarm.
New Alarm Sound not Working on Pixel 7?
If by any chance you’ll encounter some problems after changing the default alarm sound like when you don’t hear the alarm played on the set time, it’s probably due to some random glitch transpiring on the default Clock app that’s stopping the alarm from ringing.
To fix the problem, clearing the app’s cache and restoring the Clock app can help.
Also consider checking the Clock settings and ensure that the Alarm volume is set to a higher if not highest level. You can also set the app to gradually increase the alarm volume from 5 to 60 seconds, if needed.
Also consider checking the date and time settings. As recommended, select the option to Set Automatically and Set time zone automatically so that the device will use the date and time information based on the time zone of your current location.
And that’s how you change the default alarm sound on the Google Pixel 7.