This post will walk you through creating a custom message that you can use to decline a call on the newest Samsung Galaxy flip smartphone. Here’s a quick guide to add and use quick decline messages on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 4 minutes
Decline Messages is a OneUI feature embedded into the stock Phone application in Samsung Galaxy smartphones including the latest flip smartphone variants. As the name implies, it allows you to immediately send a message to decline an incoming call.
Outlined below is a step by step walk-through depicting the process of setting up a new custom decline message that you can send in place of answering an incoming call on the Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphone. Feel free to refer to this guide when needed.
- To get started, open the Phone app by tapping on the Phone icon from the Home screen or Apps screen of your phone.
You will be routed straight to the Phone app’s main menu/keypad.
- While in the Phone app’s main screen, tap the three dots located on the top-right edge.
Doing so opens a side menu with a few options.
- Select Settings from the given options to proceed.
The Call settings menu will load up on the next display. Here, you will see a list of different features and options that you can use to manage phone calls on your phone.
- Locate Quick decline messages from the given options and then tap on it to continue.
A list of preset decline messages will load up on the next display.
- To add a new custom decline message, simply enter the message that you’d like to add in the preset decline messages in the provided text field then tap the Plus sign to add it in the preset list.
The new message you’ve created will then be added to the existing list of decline messages.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Should you wish to remove a message from the list, simply tap the Minus (-) sign next to the message that you’d like to delete.
How to use Decline Messages on Galaxy Z Flip4?
Once you’ve created a custom decline message, you should be all set to use it for your next incoming calls.
- To use it, just swipe up on the screen when an incoming call screen comes through your phone. Doing so allows you to view all saved quick decline messages. The next thing you’ll do is tap to select the Quick decline message that you’d like to send to the caller. Once the message has been sent, the caller will be able to view it within the Text message (Messages) app.
Alternatively, you can send a quick decline message straight from your Samsung Watch.
- To make this work, your Galaxy Watch must be paired with your Galaxy Flip 4 beforehand.
- Once paired and connected, just swipe up on the incoming call screen on your Samsung Watch then select the option to Send a message. Choose any from the preset decline messages that you’d like to send to the caller and wait for your watch to send it.
When the message has been sent successfully, the caller will be able to view it through the Text message (Messages) app.
And that’s how to set up and use quick decline messages on the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip smartphone.