If you want to know how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S8 without a password or PIN code, simply perform a hard reset on your device. If you fail to unlock the device using this trick, refer to the troubleshooting guide we mapped out below.
How to Unlock Galaxy S8 if You Forgot Password or PIN Code
Smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S8 come with built-in security features like the ability to prevent access to the phone using a personal pin code or password. You can’t unlock the phone and access any information, settings, or data until you enter the pass code. This is where forgetting your password can be a bummer.
The only way to physically regain access to the Samsung Galaxy S8 is to perform a hard reset. This means using the hardware buttons on the phone to erase all data from the device, the password lock included. This measure was put in place to prevent anyone from gaining access to your data without having the password or pin code you’ve setup.
Of course this can be inconvenient if you’re the one who forgot the password! Here is a workaround to hard reset that you can try to hopefully regain access to your Galaxy S8. Keep in mind it doesn’t work for everyone and your chances of success are a lot higher if you’ve previously configured Android Device Manager:
- If you have access to the Google account and password that is set-up on your device, see if you can unlock your smartphone through the Android Device Manager. We’ve added a link to the tool, simply click on it!
- Once you’re in Android Device Manager you should see your Galaxy S8 that was configured with that google account. Under the smartphone info you will see a button named “Lock” or “Lock & Erase”. Click on it and follow the steps the given steps to lock your phone.
- It will ask you to set a temporary password. Enter the temporary password.
- Try to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8 using the new password you’ve configured through the Android device manager.
If the above workaround hasn’t worked for you because your smartphone didn’t appear in Device Manager, or simply you were unable to replace the password remotely with the lock feature, the only other solution is really to perform a hard reset, erasing all data on your smartphone.
- For a complete visual guide on how to perform a hard reset, click here
I hope that we’ve been able to help you unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8 device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. If you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guide page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our YouTube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.