If you don’t know how to unlock the screen of your Samsung Galaxy S7, simply swipe your finger upward from the lock screen. Then enter your PIN or password and tap OK. However, if your screen has been locked out due to multiple incorrect attempts; unlock your screen using the methods we have listed below. Read on.
Solutions for Unlocking Samsung Galaxy S7
Smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S7 come with built-in security features like the ability to prevent access to the phone using a personal pin code or password. You can’t unlock the phone and access any information, settings, or data until you enter the passcode. This is where forgetting your password can get tricky!
The only way to physically regain access to the Samsung Galaxy S7 is to perform a hard reset. This means using the hardware buttons on the phone to erase all data from the device, the password lock included. This measure was put in place to prevent anyone from gaining access to your data without having the password or pin code you’ve setup.
Of course this can be inconvenient if you’re the one who forgot the password! Here is actually another method apart from a hard reset that you can try to hopefully regain access to your Galaxy S7:
- If you have access to the Google account and password that is set-up on your device, see if you can unlock your smartphone through the Android Device Manager. We’ve added a link to the tool, simply click on it!
- Once you’re in Android Device Manager you should see your Galaxy S7 that was configured with that google account. Under the smartphone info you will see a button named “Lock” or “Lock & Erase”. Click on it and follow the steps the given steps to lock your phone.
- It will ask you to set a temporary password. Enter the temporary password.
- Try to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S7 using the new password you’ve configured through the Android device manager.
If the above workaround hasn’t worked for you because your smartphone didn’t appear in Device Manager, or simply you were unable to replace the password remotely with the lock feature, the only other solution is really to perform a hard reset, erasing all data on your smartphone and you will be able to know that how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S7.
- For a complete visual guide on how to perform a hard reset, click here
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know their proper usage. If you are looking for solutions for different issues, please visit our Help Guide page as we have published articles that contain solutions to regular issues.
We have also posted video tutorials and troubleshooting guides for smartphones to our YouTube Channel. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!