If you can’t connect to WiFi or the WiFi keeps disconnecting on your Moto X phone, try to reset your router and attempt to reconnect. A more detailed process on how to fix Moto X can’t connect to WiFi or WiFi keeps disconnecting on the device is also provided below. Read further.
If you’re having WiFi problems on your Moto X smartphone, this could be due to either your smartphone being unable to connect, or your internet modem. Here are the steps you can take to fix the problem and get connected to your WiFi:
- The first step you want to do is go to Settings > Wifi.
- Select your WiFi network and then tap Forget. (If the only option you have is to Connect, then you can skip this step).
- Turn OFF your WiFi.
- Turn off your Moto X and wait 10 seconds before you turn it back On.
- Once your Moto X is back on, go to Settings > WiFi and Connect to your WiFi network.
- If you’re still unable to connect to the network, make sure your WiFi connection is working by trying to connect with a different device
- If your Moto X is the only device experiencing this issue, make sure it is up to date by checking in Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
- If your Moto X is up-to-date and is the only device unable to connect to WiFi, unplug your WiFi router, wait 10 seconds, plug it back and try to reconnect once again with your Moto X.
- If your WiFi connection is still not working on one or all devices, try to “Reset” your modem to its factory settings by holding the small Reset button located in the back of the internet modem.
- If resetting the modem did not fix the issue, perform a reset network settings on your Moto X. This will not affect any of your personal information, so there’s no need to backup your files and data. To perform a reset network settings, follow these steps:
Access Apps by swiping up on the Home screen.
Select Settings > Backup & reset.
Tap on Network settings reset.
Select Reset Settings. Enter pin or password if prompted.
Tap Reset Settings again to confirm your action.
- If issue is persistent, test your Moto X on other Wi-Fi connections to verifiy if it’s a problem with the device.
If the WiFi issue is on the device, contact Motorola support for further assistance. They might be able to provide you with official recommendations on how to fix the problem.
If you want to watch tutorials and troubleshooting videos, feel free to visit our Youtube channel. Don’t forget to give our videos a thumbs up and subscribe to it. Thank you.