This post will walk through organizing contacts directory by removing duplicate contact details on the latest Samsung Flip smartphone. Here’s a quick guide to merge contacts on the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Merging contacts basically works by merging a secondary contact record into the primary record. This feature comes in handy when you have duplicate contact details saved on your device. All relevant details will then be moved to the account that you set as default (primary account).
If you’re new to the Samsung Flip smartphone and wondering how to merge duplicate contacts in this device, then feel free to refer to this guide.
- To get started, launch the Phone app by tapping on the Phone icon from the Home screen of your device.
If you don’t see the Phone icon from Home, then you will need to access the Apps tray instead. The Phone app icon should be lined up among other app shortcuts in the Apps viewer.
- While in the Phone app’s main screen (dialer window), navigate to the bottom section then tap the Contacts tab.
Tapping on this tab will load up the Contacts menu on the next screen, displaying the list of all your saved contacts on the SIM card or selected account.
- In the Contacts menu, locate then tap the three dots icon on the upper-right side.
Doing so will take you to the Contacts app menu. Here, you will see different options associated with the One UI Contacts application.
- Find Manage contacts from the given options then tap on it to proceed.
Another menu opens with a new set of options to manage contacts information on your device.
- Tap Merge contacts to continue.
You will be routed to the another screen with more prompts to instigate merging of duplicate contacts.
- On the Merge contact window, you will also see a list of all duplicate contacts or contacts with the same phone number, email address, or name.
Find then choose the contact(s) that you’d like to merge.
- Tap to mark/select the duplicate contact(s) that you'd like to merge.
Once you’re done selecting contacts with duplicate information, you can start linking them by tapping on the Merge icon at the bottom.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to specify which from the duplicate contacts you’d like to use as default.
If you see this message, just tap to mark your preference, then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to complete the merging process.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Contact details of the duplicate entries will then be merged and added to the default contact that you’ve specified during the merging process. The secondary contact will then be removed from the contacts list and thereby clears out the duplicate entries.
And that’s how you merge duplicate contacts on the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphone.