Some owners reported about their iPhone XR stuck on black screen shortly after they updated them to iOS 13.4.1. There are those who said that the phone just powered down on its own and would no longer turn on, while others reported to have discovered their devices in the morning after charging overnight.
In most cases, this kind of issue is a pretty minor one. You may even be able to fix it by doing just one procedure, provided that it’s not an issue with the hardware.
In this post, I will guide you on what you should do about the iPhone XR stuck on black screen after an update. So continue reading as we may be able to help.
iPhone XR Stuck On Black Screen
Time Needed : 9 minutes
As long as this issue occurred after an update, you can always rest assured that you will be able to make your device work perfectly again. Here’s what you need to do:
- Do the Forced Restart
Most of the time, when a high-end smartphone like the iPhone XR gets stuck on a black and unresponsive screen, it’s due to a firmware crash. You can fix it by doing the forced restart.
1. To do so, quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the volume down button.
2. Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force the phone to boot up.
3. When the Apple logo shows, release the power key and wait until your iPhone finishes the reboot.
In most cases, this procedure will fix the problem. So if you’re able to make the logo show on the screen, that’s a sign that the problem is fixed.
- Charge and do the forced restart
If your iPhone remains to be unresponsive and stuck on a black screen, what you need to do next is charge it and do the forced restart while it’s connected to the charger. Here’s how:
Plug the charger to a working wall outlet and connect your iPhone to it using the original cable.
Regardless of whether the iPhone shows the charging sign or not, leave it connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes.
After that, do the forced restart again while the iPhone is still connected to the charger.
- iOS 13.4.1
- iPhone XR
If the problem is just due to a minor issue caused by the new update, then it should be booting up by now.
But if your iPhone XR is still stuck on the black screen of death after doing these procedures, then the problem can be with the hardware. With that, you need to have the device checked.
Assuming you were able to make your iPhone XR again but the same problem keeps happening, it’s better for you to just reset your device. However, make sure to back up your important files and data prior to the reset. You may follow the steps below on how to factory reset your iPhone XR:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed with the reset.
- Enter your Apple ID password, and then touch Erase to proceed with the reset.
I hope that this has been helpful. Please support us by subscribing to our Youtube channel.
- Face ID not working on iPhone 11 after iOS 13.2.2. Here’s the fix.
- iPhone 11 stuck on ‘Resume Download’ while updating to iOS 13.2.3
- What to do if your iPhone won’t turn on or stuck on black screen