If you are having issues with the Facebook app on your iPhone device, the first thing you need to do is to quit and relaunch the app. Doing so will dump app’s cached files that’s preventing the app to work properly. If this basic tweak fails to fix the problem, read on and troubleshoot further.
Fix issues with the Facebook App on iPhone
- The Facebook app wont load on iPhone.
- Error when opening Facebook app on iPhone.
- Facebook app closing by itself.
- Facebook app issues on iOS.
If you’re having issues with the Facebook app on your iPhone and it won’t run properly, here are steps you can try that have been reported to fix the issue:
- Make sure you have an internet connection that Facebook can connect to, so make sure the issue isn’t with your internet connection.
- Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by tapping Settings > General > Software Update or connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clicking Check for Update on your device’s Summary page.
- Uninstall the Facebook app completely by holding your finger down on the Facebook icon until it starts shaking then clicking the (X) that appears on the top left of the box.
- Once Facebook is uninstalled, go back into the App Store and download the app again.
- If everything else fails, perform a factory reset. Note that this reset will cause a complete data loss so backing up your phone data beforehand is a must. Simply head to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings.
You should be able to access Facebook after the factory reset. If not, you have to contact Facebook Support for further assistance and recommendations.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!