It is no longer surprising for many apps that suddenly stop working after an iOS update. This could possibly happen because the apps may have become corrupted after the new iOS has been implemented. Somehow, the situation is kind of ironic as users updated their iOS to enhance the features of their iPhones and rectify current device issues. Thus, additional problem occurs. Some owners of the iPhone XR have been complaining about the Facebook app that’s not working properly after an update.
Facebook is known to be one of the commonly used apps, and surely users can never afford to lose access with. In the event that this app doesn’t load or open after iOS 13 update on your iPhone XR, below are some workarounds that can possibly correct the issue.
But before troubleshooting your iPhone XR, see to it that you have stable to excellent internet access as Facebook is an application that requires an internet connection. Aside from the internet connection, you also need to verify that the issue doesn’t lie on the account itself. To do so, access your Facebook account on the main website. If it works fine and your iPhone XR also has good internet connection, you may start troubleshooting your phone.
Before anything else, if you are looking for a solution to a different problem, then drop in on our iPhone XR Help Guides page for we have already solved some of the most common problems with this device. Try to find issues that are similar to yours and feel free to use our workarounds and solutions.
First solution: Quit Facebook app then relaunch.
Apps that are opened too long or left running in the background can possibly crash or become corrupted. If the Facebook app doesn’t load or open after iOS 13 update for a reason that you haven’t closed the app for quite some time, then this tweak should correct the problem. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, swipe your finger up and then pause.
- Swipe left or right to navigate through the apps preview.
- Locate the Facebook app style=”font-weight: 400;”> preview then swipe its preview upward to close it.
- Do the same to the remaining running background apps to avoid any of them from conflicting with the Facebook app.
After closing all the running apps including Facebook, launch the Facebook app on your iPhone XR and see if the problem has been corrected. If the problem persists, move to the next solution.
Second Solution: Reboot (soft reset) your iPhone XR.
The first solution may not able to correct the issue if the underlying cause is due to random minor software glitches. Thus, giving your iPhone XR a fresh restart can eliminate corrupted cache files that are saved on your phone’s internal memory. To get started, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button and either Volume buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds.
- Release both buttons once the Slide to Power off command appears on the screen.
- Then drag the power of slider to the right to turn off your iPhone.
- After at least 30 seconds, press and hold the Side/Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Wait until your iPhone XR completely boots up and then reopen Facebook app. If this solution does not successfully resolved the issue and the Facebook app continues to act up; doesn’t load or won’t open at all, continue troubleshooting your iPhone XR.
Third solution: Check for and install Facebook app update.
Just like your iOS, every app needs to be updated to enhance its feature and correct existing app issues caused by malwares or random bugs. If your iPhone XR has not been set to automatic updates and you might have not updated your Facebook app for quite some time, then manually check for possible app updates and install when available. Note that this will also require you a stable internet connection, enough storage space and ample battery life on your iPhone XR. If these requisites are met, then you may proceed with these steps:
- From Home, open the App Store to view the pending apps updates.
- Once you see a red notification badge on your profile icon, this means that there are pending updates available.
- Select the Today tab then tap your Profile icon.
- Scroll down to and tap on Personalized Recommendations.
- Locate Facebook app’s update than tap on Update.
- If there are multiple apps updates available, tap Update All to install all the updates at once.
Once finished with the updates, reboot (soft reset) your iPhone XR to make sure that the recent changes will be properly implemented. Then check if the Facebook app is already working.
Fourth solution: Delete and Reinstall Facebook app on your iPhone XR.
If the app updates didn’t correct the problem and Facebook app still doesn’t load or open, removing the app from the phone should be your next option. This is for a reason that the app might have been completely corrupted and therefore needs to be deleted and reinstalled. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, go to the App Store.
- Scroll to and select Today tab.
- Then tap the Profile icon.
- Scroll down to and tap on Personalized Recommendations.
- Search for and swipe left the Facebook app.
- Tap on Delete option next to the application that needs to be deleted.
- Reboot (soft reset) your iPhone XR after uninstalling the Facebook app.
- Then head back to the App Store and search for the latest version of the Facebook app. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
After you have successfully reinstalled the Facebook app, try to launch it and see if it the issue has been resolved.
Fifth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone XR.
After performing all the provided solutions above and Facebook still doesn’t load or open, try resetting all settings on your iPhone as misconfigured settings options or invalid settings configuration can also cause conflict with your Facebook app system. Being said, it is recommended to delete all customized settings and restore them to default by performing the steps below:
- From Home, go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll to and tap on Reset.
- Select Reset settings network option.
- When prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Then select the option to confirm the reset network settings action.
Your iPhone XR will restart automatically after the reset and loads the default values and options. Re-enable all the necessary features including Wi-Fi to connect to available network. Then launch the Facebook app again to make sure that the problem has been corrected.
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guides page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.