If Facebook does not load on your iPhone XS after installing the iOS 13 update, close and re-open the app to refresh the feed. To learn more of other ways in fixing the problem triggered by various factors, scroll down and read further.
Facebook is well-maintained and updates are rolled out regularly to patch issues that users may have encountered. However, there are times when problems still occur and among the most common is when the app could no longer load the data or information that users want to see. When this happens, the problem can be pretty minor or it can be a sign of a more serious one.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your iPhone XS that has recently been updated to iOS 13 and has a problem like this. We will look into all possibilities and they rule them out one after another until we can figure out what the problem really is all about. If you’re one of the users that have encountered this issue, continue reading because this post may be able to help you.
Before anything else, if you are looking for a solution to a different problem, then drop in on our iPhone XS Help Guides page for we have already solved some of the most common problems with this device. Try to find issues that are similar to yours and feel free to use our workarounds and solutions.
Troubleshooting Facebook that doesn’t load on iPhone XS iOS 13
When trying to fix an app that doesn’t load, you need to be very thorough in your troubleshooting because you may end up losing some of your files or data. With that said, here’s what you need to do if Facebook doesn’t load properly on your iPhone XS…
First solution: Restart your iPhone first
It is possible that it is just a pretty minor software-related issue, that’s why you need to begin troubleshooting by doing the reboot. This will refresh your iPhone’s memory and reload all apps and services. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press any of the volume buttons and the power key at the same time, and hold them both for 5 seconds or until the slider shows.
- Drag the slider to the right to turn your iPhone off.
- After a few seconds of being turned off, press and hold the power key until the logo shows.
Once your iPhone has successfully rebooted, launch facebook and see if it still won’t load its timeline and other data.
ALSO READ: How to fix an Apple iPhone XS that keeps losing signal, problem on signal drops
Second solution: Make sure you have a stable Internet connection
Another very important thing you have to look into if some of your apps doesn’t load properly is your connection. Facebook relies solely on the connection of your phone to pull up data from its servers. If your have slow or no connection at all, it’s but natural that it won’t load. So, here’s what I suggest you do about it:
- Turn your WiFi off and then back on.
- Open a web browser and try to see if you have a connection.
- If you can browse properly, open facebook and see if it loads properly.
If the problem persists after this, then move on to the next solution.
ALSO READ: How to fix FaceTime that is not working on an Apple iPhone XS
Third solution: Close Facebook and re-open it
It is also possible that the problem is with the app only. Thus, the next thing you have to do is quit the app and then launch it again. It will reload the app and this might be the end of the problem. Here’s how:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle to view app previews.
- Swipe up on Facebook preview to close it.
- Do the same to all other previews to release the RAM these apps are using.
Once you’ve done this, try to see if Facebook is still not loading properly.
Fourth solution: Uninstall Facebook and reinstall it
Now, this is the ultimate solution to this problem. Don’t worry, you won’t lose your posts, pictures or any data that are associated with your accounts if you did this. The purpose of this procedure is to remove the app and all its associations from your iPhone. After which, you have to download and install a fresh copy from the App Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. Here’s what you need to do…
- Go to the screen where the Facebook app is located.
- Touch and hold the the icon until the icons start to jiggle. Don’t release it even if options show up halfway through holding the icon.
- Tap the X on the upper-left side of the Facebook icon.
- Touch Delete to confirm you want to uninstall it.
- Once the app has successfully been uninstalled, tap Done and return to the Home screen.
- Launch the App Store.
- Search for Facebook, and then tap on the Download icon next to it.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
This will surely fix the problem so you can enjoy using the app after doing this.
After exhausting all the given solutions and Facebook remains unavailable, visit Facebook’s Help Community page or connect to Facebook Support to escalate the issue.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your iPhone XS iOS 13 with Facebook app that won’t load properly. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guides page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.
Next up in TCG