This post will walk you through setting up a safety and security feature that allows you to send SOS messages to a specified recipient from the new Samsung Flip smartphone. Here’s a quick guide to enable Send SOS Messages on the Galaxy Z Flip4 device.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 5 minutes
One of the important features that you should consider setting up first the moment you get a hold of your new Samsung smartphone is the Send SOS Messages. This will make your device ready to relay important messages to your loved ones or family members whenever you’re in emergency situations.
Depicted below is a step by step walkthrough on how to access and manage this feature on the new Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 smartphone. Feel free to refer to this guide when needed.
- 1. To get started, open the Settings app.
Just navigate to the Home screen or Apps screen of your phone then tap on the Gear-shaped icon.
- 2. While in the settings menu, scroll down to the middle section then tap Safety and emergency.
Another menu opens with a list of all inbuilt features for safety and emergency purposes.
- 3. Tap Send SOS messages to proceed.
On the next screen, you will see more details and relevant options related to the selected feature.
- 4. Toggle turn the Send SOS messages switch ON.
Doing so triggers a pop-up window to appear beneath the screen.
- 5. Read the pop-up information then tap Continue at the bottom.
On the following screen, you will see a list of services that Send SOS messages would need permissions for access.
- 6. Review the details then tap Continue at the bottom if you allow these permissions.
Allowing permissions to these services is needed for Send SOS messages to work as intended.
You can make necessary adjustments to these permissions in the Settings menu of your phone.
- 7. If prompted, tap Allow to grant Send SOS messages access to your phone call logs.
After that, you will be routed straight to the Send messages to menu.
- 8. Here, you will see existing emergency contacts, if you've already added any. Otherwise, it will show no contacts. To add a new contact to receive SOS messages from your phone, tap the Plus (+) icon on the upper mid-right corner.
Doing so opens the Add recipient pop-up menu at the bottom.
- 9. Tap Create contact if the person you'd like to set as an emergency contact is not saved in your Contacts list.
Just enter the contact name and phone number on the following screen then tap Save to add the new contact and set it as your SOS messages recipient.
- 10. If the desired contact is already saved in the Contacts app, tap Select from contacts to open your contacts list then choose the desired contact that you'd like to set as SOS recipient.
The selected contact(s) will then be listed under the Send messages to.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Removing someone from the Send SOS messages list is also possible. To delete a contact and replace it with a new one, just tap the Trash icon from the Send messages to menu then select the contact that you’d like to remove from the list.
All new changes will instantly reflect in the “SOS messages to” menu of your phone.
Key SOS Messages Features and Options to Manage
Once you’re done adding or selecting contacts, return to the Send SOS Messages main menu then configure the following options:
- Press the Side Key – Choose either 3 times or 4 times.
- Auto call – Select a contact to call after your SOS Messages are sent.
- Attach pictures – Enable this option if you’d like to take pictures using the front and rear cameras and include them in your SOS mgessages.
- Attach audio recording – Enable this option if you want to include a 5-second audio recording in your SOS messages.
- Send messages to – Use this feature to set the recipient of your SOS messages.
You can always make necessary changes to any of these settings when needed.
And that’s all about activating and setting up the Send SOS Messages feature on the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphone.