When your iPhone 8 can’t send or receive emails, exit the Mail app and reboot your phone. Once the device is back on, re-enter your email username and password to ensure that you are using the valid login information. You also need to make sure that you have a stable internet connection on your device.
For further troubleshooting procedures, read further.
Troubleshooting iPhone 8 that Can’t Send or Receive Emails
Can’t send emails on iPhone 8. E-mails not sending on iPhone 8. Not receiving emails iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
This issue can happen if you recently changed your e-mail password, or it can happen after a software update or even at random. To fix issues with emails on your iPhone 8, most of the time the solution is to simply remove and re-add the account. Follow the steps below:
- The first step is to make sure the e-mail username and password you have are correct, so before doing anything on your iPhone 8, test your email username and password on your computer first to make sure you have the proper email address and password, as you will need it for troubleshooting
- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This won’t erase any data off your iPhone but will reset your WiFi passwords.
- Your iPhone will restart. Go back into Settings and make sure your Data is ON.
- Test your email account, if it still doesn’t work, proceed with the next steps.
- Tap on Accounts & Passwords.
- Select the account you’re having issues sending or receiving emails from.
- Tap on Delete Account (This will only remove the account from the iPhone, your emails will not be deleted from the email server).
- Once deleted, you will have to re-add your mail account by going into Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add account… > Add Mail account.
- Select the type of e-mail you would like to add (Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Live, Yahoo) and then enter the e-mail address and password and click Save.
Note: If you need a more detailed guide on how to add an e-mail account on your iPhone 8, you can follow our detailed step-by-step guide by clicking here.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the email problem with your iPhone 8 device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We aimed to help our readers fix issues with their phones as well as to know how to properly use them. If you are experiencing other issues, please visit our Help Guide page. We have published articles that contain solutions to common issues. We also have a YouTube channel that has video tutorials and troubleshooting content for smartphones. Click this link and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you for reading!