This post will walk you through configuring the latest Samsung Galaxy Flip smartphone to utilize the hardware buttons when answering and ending phone calls. Here’s a quick guide to answer and end calls with external buttons on the Galaxy Z Flip4 smartphone.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Typically, incoming calls on a smartphone are answered, rejected, or ended using the provided Answer, Reject and End buttons displayed on the incoming call screen. Aside from these buttons, you can also respond to or end an incoming call by pressing the hardware button, particularly the Volume and Side keys.
Depicted below are the steps to configure and enable this feature in the Call settings of the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 device. Feel free to refer to this guide when needed.
- First, launch the Phone app on your phone to get started.
To do so, simply tap the Phone app icon from the Home screen or Apps screen then wait for the app to finish loading.
- While in the Phone app’s main (keypad) screen, tap on the three dots located on the upper-right corner.
Doing so opens a side menu that contains additional items.
- Find then tap Settings from the given options to proceed.
Doing so opens the call settings menu with inbuilt features and options associated with call management.
- To continue, tap Answering and ending calls.
On the succeeding window, you will see different options to answer and end calls on your device.
- Tap to turn on the switch next to Press Volume Up to answer calls and tap turn on the switch next to Press Side key to end calls.
All new changes you’ve made to the call settings will immediately be applied.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
By then, you should be all set to answer and end calls using either the soft buttons from the incoming call display or by pressing on the Volume Up and Side/Power keys on the side of your phone instead of using the onscreen icons.
Answer and End Calls with Flip Options
Aside from the hardware keys and in-app icons (buttons), you can also answer and end calls on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 by simply opening and closing the phone. All you have to do is activate this system function in the call settings of your device.
- To use this feature, you will need to access the Flip options menu from Call Settings then enable the switches to Open phone to answer calls, and Close phone to end calls respectively.
You can always turn the feature OFF if you’re not comfortable using them. Just repeat the same steps to return to the call settings menu then disable the switches for these call options.
And that’s how you configure the Galaxy Z Flip4 to answer and end phone calls with its external buttons.