New to the Android platform and need some inputs on how to add email accounts on Galaxy S20? If that’s so, then this post is for you. Read on and get help.
Smartphones are now equipped with a lot of handy features including email processing services that allow people to check and manage emails while on the go. But in order to achieve that, there are a few things and requirements that must be met including a stable internet connection and a valid email account set up on the phone. In this quick guide, I demonstrate the easy steps on how to add an email account on the new Samsung Galaxy S20.
Steps to add email accounts on Galaxy S20
Time Needed : 5 minutes
Each of the following steps comes with a screenshot that illustrates the actual screen and menus to navigate. You can start whenever you’re ready.
- Go to the Home screen then touch Settings. Or, swipe down from the top of the Home screen to open the notification panel.
Both of these methods will allow you to access the same Settings menu.
- From settings, scroll down to and touch Accounts and backup.
This will load up a new screen containing options to add and manage your email or Samsung accounts.
- Touch Accounts to continue.
A new screen containing a list of personal accounts saved on your device will be displayed.
- Scroll down and touch the option to + Add Account.
Another screen with a list of different account types will show up next.
- Select your preferred Account type by tapping on the name of the Account you’d like to add.
For this guide, we'll add a POP3 or Personal (POP3) Google account.
- Enter your email address then tap NEXT.
Be sure to type in the complete email address (username with @gmail.com).
- If prompted, verify your identity.
This is done by entering the correct pattern or scanning your registered fingerprint.
Note: May not show up if the email account isn't yet created.
- Then touch NEXT on the Sign In screen to proceed.
This screen only shows if the email address you’ve entered previously is valid and your identity is verified.
- Android 10, One UI 2.0
- Galaxy S20
Follow the rest of the onscreen prompts and enter all the required information to finish adding the email account on your device.
Posts you might like
- If you’ve enabled a two-factor authentication for your Gmail account, you will be asked to enter the verification code, which Google sent to your specified contact number. Just enter the code you received to continue.
- Menu options and sub-items may vary depending on which type of email account you are trying to add.
Hope this helps!
Please keep posted for more comprehensive guides, tips, and tricks on how to make the most of your Samsung Galaxy S20 and other new Galaxy devices. Also visit our YouTube Channel to view more smartphone video tutorials and troubleshooting guides.