Computer not detecting Samsung Galaxy S8. Can’t transfer files or photos from Galaxy S8 to PC. Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus not detecting PC. Connection from Galaxy S8 to computer through USB not working.
If you’re having trouble connecting your Samsung Galaxy S8 by USB to your computer to transfer files or photos, here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- The first thing to try is to swap the USB cable. Some cables are only capable of charging your smartphone and won’t be able to transfer any files. It’s best to make sure you’re using the original cable when trying to connect your Galaxy S8 to a computer or laptop for media transfer.
- If swapping cables didn't work or you don't have a spare:
- Unplug the USB cable from your Galaxy S8
- Power off your smartphone
- Wait 30 seconds
- Power it back on
- Plug the USB cable back to the S8 and test the connection once more
Try activating "USB debugging" by performing these steps:
- Activate developer mode in your smartphone
- Go to Settings > Developer options
- Tap on USB debugging to turn it on
- Scroll down to USB configuration and make sure it's set to MTP
- Once USB debugging is enabled, restart your phone and try to connect it again
If none of the options above worked, make sure the USB cable you have is able to transfer files (you can test it on a different smartphone)