iPhone 6 stuck on “Searching…” after iOS software update. No service on iPhone 6 after installing software update. Can’t connect to network after updating software on iPhone 6. Updated to new iOS and can’t place calls or text. No network connection after new iOS update.
A lot of people are experiencing network issues after performing the latest Apple software update to iOS 9 on their iPhone 6. If you’re having trouble connecting to the network or getting service on your iPhone, then follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Reset your Network Settings on your iPhone 6
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
(Note: This will erase saved WiFi passwords on your device, so remember to reconnect to WiFi after this step)
- If you still aren’t getting service, go to Settings > Carrier and switch OFF Automatic.
The iPhone will then start searching for networks, and will display all the available networks in your area. Make sure you Select the Carrier you belong to (eg. Telus, AT&T, 02).
- If your phone has trouble connecting to the network, go back into Settings > Cellular and turn OFF LTE
- If your iPhone is not getting any service after trying to connect to a network manually and making sure your device up to date, the last step is to perform a full backup/restore of your iPhone.For a complete guide on how to backup/restore your iPhone, click here.
- If issue persists, leave a comment below and we’ll try to help!