A complete guide on how to backup and restore your Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 3 or older. For a Samsung galaxy S5 or newer, click here.
If you are having issues with your Samsung smartphone, a good thing to try is a full backup and restore of the device as it will reset all the software on your phone.
Important: You will need a computer for this procedure.
First you will need to install Samsung Kies 3 from the following link: Kies Download
Once you have Kies downloaded, plug your Samsung phone into your computer using your USB charging wire then follow the steps below.
Backing up your Data:
- Open Kies 3 and click the Back up/Restore tab.
- Click Data backup.
- Mark the checkbox next to the content you want to back up. You can select all content by marking the checkbox next to Select all items. Click Backup.
- Click Complete when the backup is finished.
- Once Backup is complete, perform the restore.
Restoring your Data:
- Open Kies and click the Back up/Restore tab.
- If necessary, click Restore data.
- Select the backup file to restore to the device from the drop-down box. If you cannot find the restore file in the drop-down box, scroll to the bottom, click Find file, and select the file.
- Mark the content you want to restore from the backup file, and click Restore.
- Click Complete when the restore is finished.
Your device is now successfully restored.
Disclaimer: Pictures taken directly from www.samsung.com
Tags: how to backup and restore samsung galaxy note 3, how to backup and restore samsung galaxy note 2, how to backup n restore samsung s4, how to backup n restore samsung s3, backup n restore samsung core 2 duo, backup data and restore data on samsung galaxy rugby, samsung alpha, samsung neo, samsung smartphone, how to hard reset samsung smartphone, how to factory reset using kies 3, samsung smart switch how to backup n restore, how to use samsung kies 3, backup restore samsung core 2 duo, samsung ace gt, samsung galaxy q