Can’t receive text messages on HTC Desire. Not receiving text messages from certain numbers on HTC Desire. Not getting messages from one or multiple numbers on HTC Desire
The first thing you have to verify is if the problem is only with one number or with all numbers? If you can’t receive text messages from any numbers on your HTC Desire, make sure you have service on your phone first (if you don’t, click here).
If you can’t receive text messages from only certain numbers, follow the steps below:
- Open the “People” app
- Select the contact that you can’t receive texts from
- Look at the “Block contact” option and make sure it is OFF
- If the “Block contact” feature is ON, then tap on it and then when asked if you would like to disable, tap on OK
- If the “Block contact” feature was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that contact:
- Delete them from your Contacts app.
- Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
- Turn off your HTC Desire for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.
- If you can’t receive any messages from all numbers despite having a network connection on your HTC Desire, then you should try a backup and restore. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to perform a backup and restore of your HTC Desire.