If you still receive messages on iPhone after switching device, deregister iMessage on your iPhone or via online. To help you with the process, read the complete guide we have listed below. Scroll down…
Some iPhone owners complained because even after they’ve switched from iPhone to Android, they still get messages on their old iPhones. Others on the other hand, cannot receive from their contacts that use iPhones.
What to Do if You Still Receive Messages on iPhone After Switching Device
- Still receiving messages on your old iPhone after switching to another smartphone such as a newer iPhone or Samsung or Android device.
- Still getting messages on iPhone after purchasing new device.
- iPhone still receiving messages after switching to a new smartphone.
This is caused by your “iMessage” still being active on your old iPhone.
- To fix this issue, go into Settings > Messages and make sure that “iMessage” is turned off. That will allow all messages to come in on your new device.
Note: Ensure your phone is connected to the internet (3G/4G or WiFi) so that the changes will sync with your Apple ID.
- If you don’t have your iPhone any longer:
- Click on this link to deactivate iMessage online: selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
- Make sure you have your new phone with you.
- Select your Country from the drop-down list.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click ‘send code‘.
- A confirmation code will be sent to via text. Enter the code and click ‘submit‘ to deregister iMessage.
- If that does not work, contact Apple Support to deactivate your iMessage:
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. If you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guide page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our YouTube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.