If you have an iPhone 7 not ringing on incoming calls or text messages, make sure to check that Do Not Disturb feature is not turned on. This may cause your iPhone 7 not to play any notification sounds or not ringing when receiving calls or receiving text messages. Further details are provided below.
If there is no sound coming on your iPhone 7 when you receive calls or text messages, here are some solutions that you can try to fix the issue:
- Refresh Silent Button. On the iPhone 7, located on the top left corner, there is a “silent” switch. Toggle it and make sure it is not turned on. Enabled silent ringer means you can see the red switch.
- If problem persists, you want to make sure the “Do Not Disturb” feature isn’t active. To turn it off, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb. Make sure “Manual” and “Scheduled” are off.
- Check for notifications alerts option. Go to Settings > Sounds and make sure the “ringer and alerts” volume is not muted.
- Insert your headphones into the headphone jack to check whether there is sound or not. Insert and remove them a few times. Sometimes the iPhone may get stuck in headphone mode and this might help.
- If the aforementioned procedure didn’t fix the notification issue on your iPhone 7, reset all settings to eliminate misconfigured settings. Go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings, enter device passcode and follow onscreen instructions to confirm the reset.
- If none of these options worked and you still have an iPhone 7 not ringing on incoming calls or text messages, you can try performing a backup and restore of your iPhone.
Note: For a full guide on how to backup and restore click here.
After exhausting all the given solutions and the not ringing issue on your iPhone 7 still persists, contact your iPhone provider or Apple Support for further assistance. This might be a hardware problem on the audio department and it prevents your iPhone 7 to ring when you receive calls and text messages.
We also have our Youtube channel if you need help with tutorials and troubleshooting stuff. Visit our channel anytime and watch the videos. Don’t forget to subscribe and give our videos a thumbs up. Thank you.