If you have an unresponsive Home button on your iPhone 6s, try to perform a soft reset and see if you will be able to fix the problem. For a detailed information, see the set of troubleshooting methods we mapped out below and rectify the problem in your end. Read on…
iPhone With Unresponsive Home Button?
Simply follow these 3 steps to fix your Phone with Reiboot, No data loss, FREE
- Click to download Reiboot to your PC or MAC
- Connect your device
- Run Reiboot to resolve the issue
Work for iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/S/8/7/6/5s/5
Troubleshooting Unresponsive Home Button on iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s home button not working. iPhone 6s main button unresponsive. Can’t use iPhone 6s because home button is not working. Home button unresponsive on iPhone 6s plus. Nothing happens when clicking the Home button on the iPhone 6s or 6s plus. Circle button unresponsive.
The home button is the circular button located beneath the iPhone 6s screen that takes you back to your home screen when clicked. If your home button isn’t working on your iPhone 6s, then this could possibly be either a software or hardware issue. Here are the steps you can take to try to fix this problem and determine if it’s a software or hardware issue:
- The first thing to try is to perform a soft reset of your iPhone.
- Hold down the Home and Power button of your iPhone for 5 seconds.
- You will see the Apple logo, and the iPhone will restart.
- Test your home button and see if it’s working.
- If you were unable to perform a soft reset due to your unresponsive home button, proceed to the next step.
- Many people have reported that resetting their iPhone to its factory settings without restoring a backup fixed the problem
- Connect your iPhone to a computer using iTunes
- Perform a “Backup” of your iPhone.
- Once you the backup is complete. unplug your iPhone from your computer.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Once your iPhone restarts, you will have to go through the initial setup. When given the option during the setup, select the option Setup as new iPhone.
- Once the setup is complete, test your Home button.
- If it’s now working, you can try to restore your iTunes backup and see if the home button still works. If it stops working after restoring the iTunes backup then you will unfortunately have to setup your iPhone as a new iPhone, or you can try restoring an older backup you may have saved in your iTunes.
- If it’s still not working, then you know for sure that the home button being unresponsive and not working is due to a hardware issue. In this case you should look into replacing or repairing your iPhone, or you can use it without a home button as shown below.
- How to use your iPhone with a broken home button
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility.
- Go to Assistive Touch and turn it ON.
- A dark square with a white circle inside will now appear on your screen. You can drag the square to position it in a convenient location on your screen as you wish. This square will now remain on your screen as your new home button.
- Tap the circle icon to open the Assistive Touch menu.
- Simply tap Home anytime you need to use your Home button.
If you have any more questions after reading this guide, you can comment below!
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the home button problem on your iPhone 6s device. We would appreciate it if you help us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful.
Connect With Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. If you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guide page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our YouTube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.