To block a number on the iPhone 7, access the Phone app from the home screen. Select Recents > ‘i’ (info icon) next to the contact or phone number you want to block. At the bottom of the Info screen, select Block this Caller > Block Contact. To unblock, select Unblock this Caller.
Those are the steps on how you can block a specific number. Getting spam messages or calls from someone you don’t know could be annoying. You might also don’t want to get any SMS and calls from someone you know.
If you’re looking to block certain numbers from calling you on your iPhone 7, then here’s a detailed guide on how to add numbers to your iPhone block list.
There’s 2 different features that can block calls on the iPhone 7:
- The Do Not Disturb function. This redirects all calls to voicemail and mutes all notifications (SMS, Facebook, etc.)
- The other function is “Blocked” where you can block calls, texts and facetime from a specific contact.
To block calls from a specific number:
- Make sure you have that number added in your contact list first, then go to Settings > Phone > Blocked.
- Tap on Add New to add a number to your block list
To block all calls from all numbers:
- Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
- Turn on “Manual”. You can also turn on “Scheduled” if you want to block all calls at specific times automatically.
Note: Make sure you turn off Manual when you want to receive calls again.
That covers our topic for this post. I hope that you found this informative. Please share this to your friends or colleagues who needs help with the same thing as well.
You can also visit our Youtube channel for tutorials and troubleshooting videos. Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel and like the videos. Thank you.