If your mobile data isn’t working or you purchased an unlocked Galaxy S9 that belonged to a different carrier, you might have to manually configure APN settings on Samsung Galaxy S9 to have access to mobile data.
An Access Point Name or APN is what allows you to access mobile internet with your Galaxy S9. It contains all the configuration information to help your smartphone connect to your carrier’s mobile network just like with a Wi-Fi connection on a computer!
Here is how you can configure APN settings in your Galaxy S9:
- Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks.
- Tap on Access Point Names.
- Normally you would see your Carrier name as part of the list. If you don’t, then you can tap ADD in the top right to configure it manually.
- Enter the necessary info in the appropriate fields.
Note: If you don’t have your network’s APN settings, you can check this page or a simple google search for your Carrier’s APN settings should yield the proper result (Example: Search google for “Virgin Mobile apn settings”).
- Once you’ve configured your APN settings for your carrier and made sure every field contains the right information, reboot your Samsung S9 and test your cellular data!
- If you still can’t access mobile internet from your Samsung Galaxy S9 after configuring your APN, contact your network provider and see if you can confirm your APN settings with them to make sure you have the right options configured, or have them reset your network connection and try again!
Just to recap, you have to make sure you have access to a mobile data connection with your network provider (make sure data is enabled for your account), configure your APN settings properly and turn your mobile data ON in your Galaxy S9.
Posts you might like
If after performing all these steps you still aren’t able to use your mobile data, you can try performing a factory reset of your Galaxy S9 as a last resort. Good luck!
You can watch tutorial videos and troubleshooting guides on our Youtube channel. Please visit it and don’t forget to like the videos and subscribe to it. Thank you.